16 January 2012

a simple word...

Layla over at The Lettered Cottage is hosting a word of the year link up party so I thought I would join her!

When I think back over the last couple of years since the bug came into our lives I see something glaring that I don't want her to learn from me... I see that I haven't been taking great care of myself, I haven't taken the time to be healthy. 

In a desire to lead by example, this year will be the start of something different in our days... I want our time to be focused on taking great care of ourselves - myself in particular. I've fallen into that typical mom trap that I know other women have experienced - I take better care of my family than I do of me which leaves me tired, sick, out of shape and more than a little unhappy with myself...

Enter my word for 2012. It may sound totally cliche. Lord knows diet and exercise and getting healthy in general are some of the top new year's resolutions people make and break. For me it has to be more than just a resolution I don't stick to after a few months because I want my daughter to respect that I take care of myself, and learn how to do the same as she grows.

health

I'm looking forward to a year filled with a sense of health for my mind, my body, and my soul!

The Lettered Cottage

0 comments :